7.01.2003

i'm back =)... kind of.

I'd much rather be back to the United States... an event which Peter might be ensuring, since he is attempting to blow up my computer. My mom got so pissed at me for complaining about not having the internet that she said if it broke again and we couldn't get it fixed, she'd ship me back home =). So, today, while he was talking to my sister (god knows why), he decided to try blowing up the monitor (which, to my mother, is the computer).

Um, anyway. =) The trip was cool! Well, better than I thought it'd be. We went to this place called "Mala Bay" (I think). It's like a double amusement park-- half of it is a normal park, with roller coasters and stuff, and the other half is a water park, with water slides and ... stuff. It was pretty good, except that the rollercoasters sucked... but it was fun anyway =) We went running around those dancing fountain things (which, as some of you may remember, I had a problem with last year....) and umm I kind of slipped and fell and got soaked. It's not my fault! My stupid JCrew flipflops cannot stay for the life of them when the ground is wet, and well I broke it (again), like I did at TAF last year (though, I must say, it was definitely Jeremy's fault last year!!! =P) Annnd I had to put the thong part back into the shoe part and it was very difficult, especially since I did it the wrong way the first time and had to pull it back out and redo it. Yeah, that was great =P And we also visited a bunch of other places, you know, the highlights of Taiwan =P We went to this humonnnngous temple which was apparently in the very center of the island, and it was SO NICE. It was the nicest temple I've ever been to =P It had marble floors and high-ass ceilings and air conditioning. I don't know if you guys realize how often there is air conditioning in a Buddhist temple-- which is, never. Anyway, we also went to this temple that was lopsided and collapsed from the 921 earthquake (September 21st... anyone heard of it? I think it was 1999 but I'm not sure). It's kind of a disturbing sight... I'll put up a picture when I get home. Oh, and we went to this one place where apparently they used to graze sheep and cows or something. It was REALLY REALLY pretty. The entire place was BRIGHT green, and there were like rolling hills and little footpaths and everything =P It looked kind of like New Zealand... I started doing cartwheels on the grass because that's what I do when there's a huge big area in front of me. Yeah, I'm weird-- as if you don't know that by now.

Oooh and the most annoying thing about the trip was SUN. No, I don't mean that I'm afraid of the sun. I mean, everyone else was. In Taiwan it's the prized thing to be pale, almost ghostly, white. If you are very tan it means you spend too much time in the sun, which implies you do a lot of handy work. Which is BS, but I guess it keeps them from all damaging their skin with UV rays and shit. But still, they are pale to a point that looks VERY SCARY and unnatural. Anyway, so you know we're out there at a WATERPARK and everyone's slapping on about 20 layers of SPF24968 sunscreen, and then wearing pants and long sleeved shirts and hats and umbrellas... holy shit, I was going to burst. Halfway because it was so funny, and halfway because it was frustrating. I mean, the people who went in the water put on swimsuits of course, but everyone else went psycho with hats and shit. And at that grazing place I mentioned earlier, everyone was looking at me as if I was crazy. I was committing the three worst crimes possible in Taiwan-- #1) wearing a spaghetti strap tank top #2) wearing short shorts -- I'd like to mention that they weren't THAT short... and #3) not carrying an umbrella or wearing a hat. ::gasp::

Ummm wow I rambled on a lot about that, didn't I? =P Oh well.. it was "eventful". And there was karaoke on the bus. Oh, god, the karaoke... it would NOT STOP!!! I could not sleep... it was... disturbing. LOL. It was okay for a while until the part where .. you know... YOU NEED TO SLEEP. Anyway... it could have been worse. The trip on the whole was pretty good, so I guess the weekend wasn't wasted. I still wish I was home now, though.. lol

harry potter =)

hAhAhah I'm sucha dork... I got back to Kaohsiung and my sister brought the book to the restaurant when we went to see her. I picked up the book and started jumping up and down, which attracted quite a few glances from other people but who cares since I was at that very moment committing the 2 biggest crimes anyway =P. Ahhhh it's sucha good book. And I must say it's very amusing to hear about a relationship from a guy's point of view... =P Especially Hermione explaining to him everything he did wrong... hm, I've got to see how it ends up at the end of the book. Yeah, I'm not done yet. Damn =( oh well, I'm almost. Errr I don't remember what else I was gonna say about the book... oh well.

by the way

I am going to pound someone into the ground if I can't go to Anne's graduation party.