8.27.2003

more school crap

Had to change twice during school today... once on the way to first period. It really bothers me how there are desks situated randomly in the hallways with teachers or "paraprofessionals" sitting there with walkie talkies. It's like we're at jail or something. Oh wait, we are.

So, the lady says: "Excuse me... you're going to have to change that top. What year are you?"
Me: "I'm a freshman, sorry I didn't know!!"
Her: "Didn't you get the dress code rules?"
Me: "Was that in the mail? I didn't see it, sorry!!"
Her: "Well, your top is very pretty, but completely inappropriate for school. You're going to have to change. Do you have another shirt?"
Me: "Ummm yes I do, actually!!"
Her: "Go change, and I better not see you with it on later!"

Okay.. forel... does anyone remember the shirt Shen wore to TAF the first day? It was pink with white stripes and had a steel ring on the halter part? Okay... well that's the one I was wearing today, cept blue with no stripes. And yeah... what the heck?? The straps are like 3 inches wide!! The only thing is that it is kind of halterish... but there's an X in the back! So yeah.. that was bullshit. Rawrr. And so I change into the top I brought for drill team clinics/tryouts today... which I KNEW wasn't exactly more appropriate, but it was a different shirt at least. Er you guys don't know this one... the orange Express tank I got from my sister. It looks like a tank from the front but the back is kinda weird. Anyway, I was late to first period AGAIN because I had to run across the school to go to my locker and change. I survived till right before 4th period... at lunch the guy told me to change again. DAMMIT. No more shirts left!! I asked everyone at the table if they had an extra.. one girl did. I owe her BIG time... or else I'd be walkin around in my gym shirt for the rest of the day. Still. Pissed me off. It's not like I went in there thinking they'd stop me for inappropriateness. Sigh.

Let's see... I actually was able to open my locker today. Had a decent lunch-- Courtney was awesome and let me eat some of hers since I didn't want to wait another 10 minutes in the lunch line. Wasn't late to anything cept first period (which hopefully won't happen tomorrow >_<). My teachers are turning out pretty nice too, and I'm thinkin of visiting my old school on Friday. Yay. Tomorrow's gonna be better... I think.

Errrm clinics are over (for drill team)... the actual tryouts are tomorrow. Ahhh...