8.30.2003

WEEKEND... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I bet Labor Day is the single most cherished day off from school. You might think it'd be winter vacation or spring break... but Labor Day is right after school starts. By the time you get any other break, you're used to school. So a break from that is an added bonus. Labor Day gives you a kind of trial period... school takes away your summer for a while, but Labor Day gives you some back so you don't have to go through total summer withdrawal. Ahhh... the yummy goodness of Labor Day weekend. Finally.

So I survived my first week of high school.. this is good. I actually was able to open my locker every time I tried today. Yesterday though, I had to go to the student personnel office... the lady told me to push the bottom left corner of the locker while I pulled on it. Interesting discovery. Also yesterday, tryouts went well obviously since I'm on the squad now =D But then we had practice today.. haha boo. I was at school for 10 hours straight. Ew. Oh and yesterday was the Freshman "Mixer" which was basically an informal dance type thing. It was really cool because people just let loose and had fun... something they don't normally do because they're too self conscious.

is it an azn thing to walk around grocery stores at 2 am?

We do it all the time... me and my sister and people. And then today we went and there was another group of azns wandering the aisles. Hm. Fun. You'd think that by hanging out with college people, I would engage in more mature activities... instead we sat in Jenny's car parked on the side of the street and staring at random people. Then catcalling couples. Then pretending to eat popcorn as we watched two guys get in a car. Then deliberating whether to should go TP people or not. Sometimes I wonder how maturity can really be measured... oh well!! It was amusing, and that's what counts, eh?